Avi Kivity wrote:

> Please separate the code movement and changes into separate patches.

I'm not sure there's a great way to do this that preserves bisectability
and results in meaningful history.  I could leave the #ifdef's in
i8254-kvm.c and then have a second patch that removes them.  That
doesn't seem to be terribly valuable though from a history perspective
as it still requires a bit of code change to keep things working.  Were
you thinking of something else?