Hello,

 I have a question about how guest page table and shadow page table
work together and more precisely, about how host is involved when guest
access a page that it's already in the page table.

 The guest maintains its page table to translate guest virtual address
to guest physical address. It uses the MMU and cr3 register for the
translation. When there is a page fault, the host gets involved and it
catches the guest physical address (by walking through the guest page
table?) and fills its shadow page table. Thus the host can make the
translation from guest physical address to physical address. Now, if
the guest reads the same page, the PTE will point to guest physical
address but there will not be any page fault so the host will not be
involved in the translation (not so sure). I don't see how the guest
virtual address will be translated to physical address? I miss
something but I don't see what.

Thanks for your help,
Guillaume