On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 3:00 PM, H. Peter Anvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > +       .globl linux_boot
> > +linux_boot:
> > +       cli
> > +       cld
> > +       mov $0x9000, %ax
> > +       mov %ax, %ds
> > +       mov %ax, %es
> > +       mov %ax, %fs
> > +       mov %ax, %gs
> > +       mov %ax, %ss
> > +       mov $0x8ffe, %sp
> > +       ljmp $0x9000 + 0x20, $0
> >

>  The hard use of segment 9000 is really highly unfortunate for bzImage,
> since it restricts its heap more than necessary.  I suggest following the
> patterns used by the (new) Qemu loader.

Actually, this code is left from the original code of Anthony, and it
seems he took it from qemu 0.8 version.

Anthony, may you explain why you want to hijact the linux boot process
here? If I understand correctly, we can just let the original int19
execute, and if linux boot is desired, it would work in normal way. So
why you want to do this?

Thanks,