Yes, the 4G/4G patch and the 64G options are both enabled for the hugemem
kernel:

CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y
CONFIG_X86_4G=y

Differences between the "standard" kernel and the hugemem kernel:

# diff config-2.4.21-47.ELsmp config-2.4.21-47.ELhugemem
2157,2158c2157,2158
< CONFIG_M686=y
< # CONFIG_MPENTIUMIII is not set
---
> # CONFIG_M686 is not set
> CONFIG_MPENTIUMIII=y
2169c2169
< CONFIG_X86_PGE=y
---
> # CONFIG_X86_PGE is not set
2193c2193
< # CONFIG_X86_4G is not set
---
> CONFIG_X86_4G=y
2365,2366c2365
< CONFIG_M686=y
< CONFIG_X86_PGE=y
---
> CONFIG_MPENTIUMIII=y
2369,2372d2367
< # CONFIG_MXT is not set
< CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI=y
< CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_COMPAQ=m
< CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_IBM=m
2373a2369
> CONFIG_X86_4G=y
2377,2379d2372
< # CONFIG_EWRK3 is not set
< CONFIG_UNIX98_PTY_COUNT=2048
< CONFIG_HZ=512
2382a2376,2383
> # CONFIG_MXT is not set
> CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI=y
> CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_COMPAQ=m
> CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_IBM=m
> # CONFIG_EWRK3 is not set
> CONFIG_UNIX98_PTY_COUNT=2048
> CONFIG_DEBUG_BUGVERBOSE=y
> # CONFIG_PNPBIOS is not set

Avi:

Centos releases:

http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/3/isos/i386/

I am running RHEL3.8 which I do not see listed. Also, I'll need to work on a
stock install and try to capture some kind of workload that exhibits the
problem. It will be a couple of days.

david