Avi Kivity wrote:
> Kay, Allen M wrote:
>
>> Still todo: move vt.d to kvm-intel.ko module.
>>

> Not sure it's the right thing to do. If we get the iommus abstracted
> properly, we can rename vtd.c to dma.c and move it to virt/kvm/.
>
> The code is certainly a lot more about managing memory than anything vmx
> specific. It's hardly x86 specific, even.

Really, an external interface to KVM that allowed someone to query the
GPA => PA mapping would suffice.  It should not fault in pages that
aren't present and we should provide notifications for when the mapping
changes for a given reason.  Userspace can enforce the requirement that
memory remains present via mlock().  This allows us to implement a PV
API for DMA registration without the IOMMU code having any particular
knowledge of it.