On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 15:52 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Avi Kivity wrote:
>
> > This is the second release of network drivers for Windows guests running
> > on a kvm host.  The drivers are intended for Windows 2000 and Windows
> > XP, and Windows 2003.  Both x86 and x64 variants are provided.  kvm-61
> > or later is needed in the host.  At the moment only binaries are available.
>
> Hi,
>
> This is great news!
>
> Do you have any performance numbers for networking to see how it compares to
> the
> real hardware?
>
> - Linux host (or: real Windows running on that host)

For host you can measure yourself but for Linux guest (to host) it
currently do about 1G, using TSO (work in progress) it can do 2.5G, and
there is also work in progress to make the kernel know virtio through
the tap interface which will further boot performance.

> - PV Windows (network driver)

About 700Mb+-, there is currently extra copy that we need to omit.
Thanks for Anthony, we just have to change the driver.

> - non-PV Windows

What do you mean? Other fully emulated nics like e1000?
It does not perform as pv but depending on the guest it can do up to
600Mb+-.