On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 15:10 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 07/26/2009 02:55 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
> >> I will need some acks from ppc people.  Obviously for the non-kvm
> >> bits, but also for the kvm bits as I am not qualified to review
> ppc
> >> code.
> >

> > Right, FWIW Ben would actually even prefer to take the whole thing
> in
> > his tree.
>
> That's likely to cause conflicts if some kvm API changes and needs
> modifications to this code.  Perhaps the best option is for the
> non-kvm
> changes to go through the ppc tree, and for me to duplicate (but not
> push) them.

The way I've done this in the past is to get acks from PPC maintainers,
and then push the patches through Avi.

If a "generic" PPC patch is required by a KVM patch, pushing them
through different trees would leave KVM broken for weeks until it all
ends up merged in Linus's tree.

Despite Ben's newfound interest in KVM, I don't see a good reason to
change this model. :)

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center