Hollis Blanchard wrote:

Thanks! The patch looks good to me. It's unfortunate that 440GP is
reported is "ppc440gp", while every other 440 variant is reported is
"ppc440", but that's just how it goes I guess. It shouldn't be too
difficult to get things working, since the cores are more or less the
same. There has been a little accidental build breakage introduced in
the 440 code recently (work to support the "Book S" KVM port), but
it's all been simple stuff.
There's more basic build problems with the kernel at the head of development, but that doesn't seem related to kvm.

As for console, you probably want to use qemu's "-nographic" or at
least "-serial stdio" options.
Thanks for the info.  However, "-serial stdio" doesn't seem to work.  I get:

r...@ebony:~# ./qemu-system-ppcemb --enable-kvm -nographic -m 128 -M bamboo -kernel uImage.bamboo -L . -append "" -m 64 -serial stdio
chardev: opening backend "stdio" failed
qemu: could not open serial device 'stdio': Success

I'm using the qemu at git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/qemu.git, not the one at git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/qemu-kvm.git, because the latter wouldn't build. I suppose those are the build problems you speak of. I'll see if I can get the latter working.

Thanks a bunch!

-corey