On 02/27/2012 05:34 PM, Bhushan Bharat-R65777 wrote:

+}
+
+/*
+ * Common checks before entering the guest world.  Call with interrupts
+ * disabled.
+ *
+ * returns !0 if a signal is pending and check_signal is true  */
+static int kvmppc_prepare_to_enter(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu, bool
+check_signal) {
+       int r = 0;
+
+       WARN_ON_ONCE(!irqs_disabled());
+       while (true) {
+               if (need_resched()) {
+                       local_irq_enable();
+                       cond_resched();
+                       local_irq_disable();
+                       continue;
+
+               if (kvmppc_core_prepare_to_enter(vcpu)) {
kvmppc_prepare_to_enter() is called even on heavyweight_exit. Should not this
be called only on lightweight_exit?

Yeah, we don't need to call it when exiting anyways. That's a functional change though, which this patch is trying not to introduce. So we should rather do that as a patch on top.

Alex