Il 25/10/2012 21:40, Benjamin Herrenschmidt ha scritto:
>> > Probably you do need a variant of KVM_CREATE_IRQCHIP to create the
>> > IOAPICs/source controllers (Paul's proposal at
>> > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.powerpc.devel/5674
>> > for example), assign chip ids to them, set the number of input lines,
>> > etc. but the configuration should work well with the existing ioctls,
>> > with no limit on the number of sources.
> But what do you mean by "configuration" really ? I don't see anything in
> common there.

Wiring which MSI-X interrupts go to which source controllers.  If you
have one source controller per PCI bridge, you need to tell the kernel
the mapping between MSI messages interrupts and PCI bridges, and update
it whenever the MSI masking changes.

The other problem is configuring the redirection table.  If you need >64
sources you need ioctls like KVM_GET/SET_IRQCHIP_ONE_REG.

Paolo