On 18.04.2013, at 16:29, Scott Wood wrote:

> On 04/18/2013 09:11:57 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
>> The code as is doesn't make any sense on non-e500 platforms.
>
> Why?  What actually breaks?

It broke even compiling, because book3s doesn't provide anything for EPR for
example. I fixed up the issues I found, but it's clear that this is an untested
configuration.

> You never answered my earlier question about whether 74xx is supported.
> MPC86xx is 74xx-derived and has an FSL MPIC.

Heck, even get_current_cpu() has no chance of working on book3s as it is today.
I would prefer that anyone who wants to run MPC86xx with in an-kernel MPIC
(which is a pure optimization!) just sits down, enables it and reverts this
patch.

> Plus, as pointed out earlier, this limits allyesconfig build testing.

That's the point. It's code that only ever got tested on e500.

Alex