On 14.05.14 06:12, Gavin Shan wrote:
If we're running PowerNV platform, ppc_firmware() will be directed
to ppc_call_opal() where we can call to OPAL API accordingly. In
ppc_call_opal(), the input argument are parsed out and call to
appropriate OPAL API to handle that. Each request passed to the
function is identified with token. As we get to the function either
from host owned application (e.g. errinjct) or VM, we always have
the first parameter (so-called "virtual") to differentiate the
cases.

This sounds like nonsense. A virtual parameter? What is that supposed to be?

I don't think you can use this interface for VM device management, as the syscall interface is (hopefully!) limited to CAP_ADMIN which you (hopefully!) don't have as VFIO user.

Alex