On Friday 30 May 2008 23:00:41 Farkas Levente wrote:
> this is out production server at the development department (10-15)
> people using it so actually if i tell them that i'll stop the host and
> all guests for max an hour it's acceptable, but more not really. it's
> run it type programs. from my experience in the last 6-12 months is that
> kvm is not production ready. as you can read from this list there are
> far too many change day-by-day which are very core. and this comes from
> the current state of kvm. which indicate that rh can't include in there

You'll find the most stable version of kvm in the kernel that your
distribution ships. Linux-2.6.x (where x > 20) should also be stable. The
development on kvm will continue to proceed at a fast pace, so you'll see
several kvm releases and this, as a result, is bound to bring in a few new
bugs in each iteration.

> imho the biggest problem with the current development of kvm that there
> is not a stable releases which is somewhat related to the current
> release number. eg kvm-0.5.x kvm-0.6.x would be better. but currently

So the short answer is: if you're looking for a stable version of kvm, look at
a kernel.org kernel or the kvm version provided to you by your distribution.

> kvm development is so fast that keep 2-3 parallel branch where there is
> a development and stable release seems to too much work.
> so to answer to your question i don't know:-(

The "stable" branch of kvm is the one in the most-recently available Linux
kernel from kernel.org. kvm.git is the development version.