Eli Collins wrote:

Clear CR4.VMXE in hardware_disable. There's no reason to leave it set after doing a VMXOFF.

VMware Workstation 6.5 checks CR4.VMXE as a proxy for whether the CPU is in VMX mode, so leaving VMXE set means we'll refuse to power on. With this change the user can power on after unloading the kvm-intel module. I tested on kvm-67 and kvm-69.

Applied, thanks. The patch was whitespace-mangled though. Did you cut'n'paste into your email client?

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.