Amit,

With the current implementation we have an issue if the driver on the
host was never loaded.

To be able to run kvm with passthrough we have to load and then unload
the driver on the host at least once. After that it works ok.

Note that after doing the load and unload the irq as reported by lspci
-v is changed.

The questions that I think we need to figure out are:
1. How does the loading of the driver on the host causes the irq to
change?
2. What other side effects does it do that helps kvm pcipt work?
3. What do we need to add to the pcipt code that will do the same "side
effect" (or bypass the problem)?

Also note that in the current implementation the user is required to
provide the irq for the device in the kvm command line.
With respect to the comments above it is clear that lspci will show an
irrelevant irq value.
Why do we need the user to provide this information anyhow?
Why can't KVM find it out automatically?

Note, if the kernel can find this information then we can also remove it
from the ioctl interface.

Thanks,
Ben