On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Mohammed Gamal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Avi Kivity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Mohammed Gamal wrote:
>>>
>>> CPU Model:  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250  @ 2.00GHz
>>> KVM version: kvm-69-1687-gd660add
>>> Host Kernel: 2.6.26-rc5 (x86_64)
>>> Guests: FreeDOS and Minix 3.1.2 32-bit
>>> Command: qemu-system-x86_64 -hda /media/sda6/<dos or minix image>
>>>
>>> Real mode guests (namely Minix 3 and FreeDOS with HIMEM XMS driver)
>>> freeze after issuing an hlt instruction and never wake up. The problem
>>> occurs both with and without commit 36742c5470. Problem disappears
>>> using -no-kvm switch.
>>>

>> Can you check if halt_request is being set properly?
>>
>> Looking at the code, all seems fine.
>>

> halt_request is set properly indeed. I think the problem might be
> happening in kvm_vcpu_block() but I'm not entirely sure . I'll look
> into it.

It is not, since it also happens with -no-kvm-irqchip, that does not
exercise this path.
I looked into it today, will look further, but my current impression
is that hlt is working fine.

It might be the case that the problem lies in any kind of interrupt
injection that were supposed to wake it up.

--
Glauber Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."