Hi,

I'd like to know what happens when the guest kernel or process in the
guest tries to get timing information. For example if a userspace
process in the guest calls nanotime(), getnanotime() or gettimeofday()
functions, then where is the time info read from ?

I had a look thru the latest 2.6.25.10 kernel source at lxr.no and I
found some functions in include/linux/kvm_host.h  ---
kvm_guest_exit() calls account_system_vtime()  but this function is
empty i.e. does nothing (include/linux/hardirq.h)

Basically I want to implement time-dilation for kvm guests and I need
to know how timing info is passed to the guests.

Thanks
Arn