Avi Kivity wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
Yang, Sheng wrote:
On Wednesday 09 July 2008 02:29:44 Glauber Costa wrote:
clflush is a non-privileged instruction that flushes the cacheline
given by its parameter, in terms of linear address. As it is
non-privileged, it is quite tricky, because a guest doing clflush
will actually be trying to flush a host kernel address.

The linear address was convert to host physical address, then cache line was flushed. Of course the host physical address was used by guest at the time. I don't understand why we need to prevent guest from flushing cache line related to itself...

The problem turned out to be that we aren't emulating clflush in x86_emulate.

Why would clflush trap?  Is it called from real mode?

It's equivalent to a read from a VT perspective so if the read would trap, the clflush instruction will trap.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori