Folks,

I'm afraid I'm missing something very basic here. I'm looking to try out the live migration facility, and all the documentation I'm seeing shows to initiate the migration by going to the qemu monitor from the SDL windows (alt-ctrl-2). However, I'd like to run my VMs with a VNC "head," so I'm not sure where the interface is to initiate the migration without the SDL layer in place.
Is the qemu monitor available through some other mechanism?

This would be most helpful if the mechanism was reachable (and scriptable) from the HOST os, so that the HOST (in cooperation with another HOST) could initiate a migration of one or more GUEST VMs.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would sure appreciate it.

I have not subscribed to the list, so e-mail replies would be appreciated.

-Ty!