Kent Borg wrote:
I am very happy to discover that KVM does live migration.  Now I am
figuring out whether it will work for me.
What I have in mind is to use DRBD for the file system image.  The
problem is that during the migration I want to shift the file system
access at the moment when the VM has quit running on the host it is
leaving but before it starts running on the host where it is arriving. Is there a hook to let me do stuff at this point?

This is what I want to do:

On the departing machine...

  - VM has stopped here
  - umount the volume with the VM file system image
  - mark volume in DRDB as secondary

On the arriving machine...

  - mark volume in DRBD as primary
  - mount the volume with the VM file system image
  - VM can now start here

Is there a way?

No, but one can add such pretty easy. The whole migration code is in one file qemu/migration.c You can add a parameter to qemu migration command to specify a script that should be called on
migration end event (similar to the tap script).
Thanks,

-kb