Avi Kivity wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hi Mark,

[...snip...]

I'm still seeing the same problem I saw with my patch series. Namely, dhclient fails to get a DHCP address. Rusty noticed that RX has a lot more packets received then it should so we're suspicious that we're getting packet corruption.

I have been discussing this (on this list) in another thread. Putting tcpdump on the eth0 device in the VM, the br0 device in the host, and the eth0 (physical NIC) in the host, you can see that when the VM generates a DHCP request it shows up on the br0 in the host, but never gets sent on the wire by eth0.

That's the point of failure, at least using RHEL5/FC6/kvm-66 as the environment.

Does playing with the bridge forward delay ('brctl setfd') help?

Not obviously, default value is 15, stepping from 10..30 made no difference. It appears the bridge just doesn't forward DHCP packets. I'm not an expert on bridge setup, and I don't see an obvious control, so I will look at the code this afternoon and see if something jumps out at me.

--
Bill Davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still