Mohammed Gamal wrote:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Avi Kivity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mohammed Gamal wrote:
This patch adds 'cld' and 'std' instructions to the emulator

I presume for big real mode?  Which guest wants it?

Actually I was experimenting with checking guest state and emulating
on mode switches. When I was doing so, it used to happen with all
guests, so I guess it maybe something related to the BIOS not a
specific guest.

There is indeed a cld in rombios.c (after rombios32_05), but it appears to be after all segments have been initialized.

BTW, the other way we can do is still handle vmentry failures. I
discovered that the problem that caused occasional exits with
Guillaume's patches is very likely to be that not enough checks on the
guest state.

The only check was if CS RPL equals SS RPL, so what happens is that
when a vmexit and then a vmentry occurs CS and SS RPL maybe equal, but
other checks might cause a vmentry failure. I've written a function to
check that guest state is VMX valid - although not all checks are
implemented yet, and I no more get the occasional vmexits.

I'm still worried about undoing the interrupt injection setup.