Yuksel Gunal wrote:
Hi,

I have been playing with KVM and was wondering about the following question: is there a resource configuration setting that would enforce a fraction of CPU to be guaranteed for a KVM guest? What I have on mind is something similar to the "reservation" setting on VMware (used to be called minimum CPU), which guarantees a number of CPU cycles to a VM. Also, any configuration setting similar to CPU/Memory Shares setting in VMware, which will kick in under contention for resources?

VM is like any other process in Linux, you can use cpu controller, cgroups or any other scheduling option for your VMs.