Anthony Liguori wrote:
This patch adds the virtio balloon driver.  It doesn't actually reduce the RSS
size when using KVM (although it does when using -no-kvm).  This is because
even with MMU notifiers, we're holding a reference to each page in the shadow
page table.  Once we switch to not taking a reference for pages in the shadow
page table, the balloon driver should work as expected.

Too late in the day for me. This comment is totally bogus. Avi: can you just ignore everything but the first sentence? :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori