Hey guys,

Some eons before the dinosaurs went extinct, we used to support
a method of memory allocation different than the one advertised by
KVM_CAP_USER_MEMORY.

This series of patches attempt on removing the support for it in kvm-userspace
entirely. It will make the job of integrating kvm and qemu much easier. As
a matter of fact, platforms other than x86 (and ia64, because it seems to
borrow a great deal of code from x86) don't even support that method.

I remind you that for those who still want to run userspaces old enough for
Hypervisors
that lack user memory capability, you always have the option of running an
old enough userspace, so to match.

This patch series leaves one test for this capability in place, at machine
initialization: KVM will refuse to run if it's not in there. Later on,
if we deprecate the capability altogether from the kernel, we may do it through
an ABI check. But for now, I think this is enough.

series stat:

Glauber Costa (12):
      start removing kernel memory functions
      remove tests of user memory from vl.c
      coalesce memory allocation
      remove KVM_CAP_USER_MEMORY reference from qemu-kvm.c
      remove KVM_CAP_USER_MEMORY from libkvm.c.
      remove create_kernel_phys_mem
      get rid of kvm_create_userspace_phys_mem
      remove user_alloc field from slot representation
      merge destroy phys mem functions
      rename kvm_register_userspace_phys_mem
      remove kernel memory code from hw/pc.c
      remove kernel memory allocation code from ipf.c

 libkvm/kvm-common.h     |    8 +--
 libkvm/libkvm-ia64.c    |   31 ----------
 libkvm/libkvm-powerpc.c |   21 -------
 libkvm/libkvm-s390.c    |   21 -------