Max Krasnyansky <maxk <at> kernel.org> writes:
> Yeah most of the devices I have did not work before. Now it's exactly the
> opposite, I cannot seem to find a device that does not work :). Even those
> that require firmware download (they reset and remunerate after fw is loaded),
> with the right set of auto filters QEMU just grabs them after reset and things
> work just fine.
> And once we get EHCI going it'll be even better (BW wise that is).

Hi,

thanks for your USB patches, Max. Also for me things have improved a lot with
these patches.

what devices are working for me now (with windows xp+sp3):
* my nokia mobile
* a usb2rs232 converter
* a crazy usb2lpt converter
* a huawei e169 hsdpa usb stick (mobile broadband, yes :-) )
* a old logitech quickcam express for notebooks webcam is workish

devices that do not work:
* my TI calculator (TI 89 Titanium)
* my ipod nano (v3)

the ipod gives me the following output on the console:
husb: open device 1.6
husb: config #1 need -1
husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: grabbed usb device 1.6
usb_linux_update_endp_table: No such file or directory

the calculator does this:
husb: open device 4.5
husb: config #1 need -1
husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration -1
husb: grabbed usb device 4.5
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: device 4.5 disconnected

it seems to be switching configurations and re-enumerating periodically until i
disconnected it.

any hints how to track these problems down? has anybody tried to use an ipod
with qemu?

I'd be very thankful for any suggestions!

bye,
Andi