Glauber Costa wrote:
On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:33:56AM -0700, Avi Kivity wrote:
Glauber Costa wrote:
is_allocated_mem is a function that checks if every relevant aspect of the
memory slot
match (start and size). Replace it with a more generic function that checks if
a memory
region is totally contained into another. The former case is also covered.
I think enabling dirty page tracking requires the slot to match exactly.

The registering function was the only caller for that. As dirty tracking was
happening
_inside_ it, so we're not really losing anything here.

That said, I believe in the future, it will. (would be a logical next step, and
start
addressing the problem that Jan raised). Maybe we can keep the function that
checks for
exact matching, but another alternative is to pass a phys_addr, and turn dirty
tracking on/off
for whatever slot that contains that phys_addr. What do you think?

Exact matching would avoid surprises (catch errors early).