Yang, Sheng wrote:

>>> However, for this hibernate won't success if there is no NMI support,
>>> maybe we can say it's not a "regression"...
>> I am not saying it's a regression, but it would be nice to have it
>> working :)
>>
> Yeah, of course. :)

OK, I've a 2003 server up and running now, I'm able to reproduce

kvm_handle_exit: unexpected, valid vectoring info and exit reason is 0x9

but not via hibernate (it suspends and powers off normally, but then
hangs after resume), rather by manually injecting an NMI on CPU0.

After Windows' graphical installation phase I had a hanging guest. At
the same time I got

kvm_handle_exit: unexpected, valid vectoring info and exit reason is 0x9
kvm_handle_exit: Breaking out of NMI-blocked state on VCPU 0 after 1 s
timeout

in the kernel log as well. Something is borken. Will retest the
installation with vanilla KVM. Anyone any ideas on the task switch
thing? Just a false positive or an indication for the real problem in
that domain?

Jan