Jan C. Bernauer wrote:
Hi,

 I have about the same problem, so excuse me for hijacking this thread.

My hardware consists of a 780g/SB700 Mainboard and a 4850e AMD CPU, and
I'm interested in forwarding a DVB-C tuner card to the guest. Maybe
some NICs later.

I tried and 'sort of' got it working with Amit's kernel and userspace
tools.
First thing:
The dvb-c card has an interesting memory mapping, as reported by
lspci -v:
        Memory at cfdff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

Size 512 doesn't fly with a check in kvm_main.c:
if (mem->memory_size & (PAGE_SIZE - 1))
                goto out;

So I patched the userspace utilities to use 4096 instead.

With that patch, the guest saw the card, the driver got loaded,
and channel tuning works, but I get some i2c timeouts on the
guest side, and the host side has errors like:

Sep 22 02:28:54 [kernel] WARNING: at kernel/irq/manage.c:180
enable_irq+0x3a/0x55()
Sep 22 02:28:54 [kernel] Unbalanced enable for IRQ 20

That looks due to bad error handling, due to the failures you had before.

Try rebooting the host and starting again with the patched userspace.

Amit, can you take a look at the error handling paths?

signature is too narrow to contain.