On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Michael Malone
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2) (this has been around for quite some time, I just haven't done anything
> about it)
> Even though I start up with -smp 2, windows only reads 1 cpu
>
> 3) When I run it using the --std-vga parameter, windows boots to just before
> it gets to the "welcome" screen and hangs.  The output shows a multitude of
> "kvm: get_dirty_pages returned -2"  Is this something to do with the kernel
> version I am using?  I am using the standard Ubuntu Hardy Kernel

No. It's a regression introduced in last version. It should work using
cirrus vga (can you confirm, please?)

It happens because for the specific range std vga is relying the
memory will be, it do a cpu_register_physical_mem().
When kvm tries to create a new piece of memory in this place, it's
marked as already existant.

There are some quick hacks, but I'll be trying to work on a proper fix
in the following days.

--
Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."