I'm trying to associate KVM hosts and guests programmatically in a
production environment. With VMWare-Server I had passed a variable
(hostname of host) through the backdoor using the vmware-cmd and
vmware-server binaries. Currently I'm on r62 (Ubuntu package). Is/was
the VMport code before r76 functional? Is anyone able to specify what
it did emulate such that I could use it for a similar purpose?

Or do I need to look for support in libvirt for the changes in r76
that allow passing the UUID of the guest into the SMBIOS information
via the command line, and start working with those?

Bryan McLellan
[not subscribed]