Hey all,
I'm using KVM to setup a virtual machine. Using this machine i'm
attempting to setup a connection to host machine using the tap
interface. I setup the interface using the standard tap method and
then start the KVM using the following:

kvm -net nic,model=e1000 -net tap,ifname=qtap0,script/etc/kvm/kvm-ifup
-drive file=./image.img

When the virual machine starts i setup the IP addresses (host =
192.168.100.1 vm = 192.168.100.2) and I am able to bring between the
host and virtual machine. However, what i need to do is to be able to
send jumbo frames between the two. I therefore increase the MTU size
on both the host machine and virutal machine to 9000.

Now when i try to do from within the host

ping -s 4096 192.168.100.1

I go no respone. So i started with a lower packet size and figured out
below a size of 4054 packets were sent and recevied (without ip
fragmentation), however, as soon as the packets were >= 4055 it
stopped working.

Is this a known problem? Have I set something up incorrectly?

Thanks for your help

P.S. I'm not on the kvm mailing list so please cc me with any replies