Farkas Levente wrote:
> Avi Kivity wrote:
>> This is the first release to fully support pci device assignment.  You
>> can assign a pci device to qemu on the command line, or hot-plug it in
>> via the monitor.  Note that at this time, Linux 2.6.28 is required on
>> the host.
>>
>> Upstream qemu recently gained kvm support.  At this time a lot is
>> missing in upstream (smp, performance) so this the upstream capabilities
>> are not used yet.  Over time we will switch to using qemu upstream for
>> more functionality.
>
> hi,
> - guest fedora-9 latest kernel-2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686 still not boot,
> - guest centos-5 x86_64's kernel-2.6.18-92.1.17.el5 still gives the same
> crash as kvm-78 (screenshot attached),

Those two should be fine with this patch [1]. You are welcome to test it
and be the first (mmmh...) to provide feedback on it.

> - guest mandrake-10 still can't boot

Can't help here, your test boots fine on OpenSuse's 2.6.25.18-0.2 with
kvm.git for me as well.

> so imho still not the best release:-(

Bugs happen, and some corner cases may remain unfixed for a longer time
as they happen to be hard to track down.

Jan

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.devel/24409