Sheng Yang wrote:
        union {
+               struct {
+                       __u32 addr_lo;
+                       __u32 addr_hi;
__u64 addr;

?

Here I followed the spec that distinguish the "Message Address" and "Message Upper address". And the native Linux structure:

struct msi_msg {
        u32     address_lo;     /* low 32 bits of msi message address */
        u32     address_hi;     /* high 32 bits of msi message address */
        u32     data;           /* 16 bits of msi message data */
};

For now, we needn't care about address_hi. I can only see address_hi used in hypertransport part... So I think keep it independence here is OK.

Fair enough, documentation wins.

(In fact, PCI spec defined message data length is u64, but as you see, now msi_msg for whole Linux only have u32...)

Well in that case please define data as __u64, so we don't have surprises later on.