Jan Kiszka wrote:
Hm.  For interrupts we need to check, since the interrupt might be
deasserted or masked while the window is closed.

Is there no way that this can happen for NMIs?

In our emulation, but I also think in real life, there is no way to
deassert an NMI. Therefore, our user space API just sets the nmi_pending
flag. Masking of NMIs (due to mov ss etc.) is handled by the NMI
injection code, and this has to happen in kernel anyway as the other NMI
sources (APIC and IOAPIC) do not bother about the NMI windows as well.

I think you're right, and applied the patch.  Thanks.