Bugs item #2353811, was opened at 2008-11-27 17:44
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by technologov
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=2353811&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
After several minutes of normal work Solaris guest hangs for few seconds.
Sometimes system hangs completely and kvm proccess must be killed. Besides this
host CPU utilization ist much higher than could be expected from guest uasage.

Host:
2x Quad Core Opteron 8356
64GB RAM
OS: Gentoo 64bit
kernel: 2.6.26
KVM-79 (modules from package not from kernel)

Guest:
Solaris 10u5 started with command:
kvm -M pc -m 4096 -smp 2 -name despina -monitor pty -boot c -drive
file=/dev/MDvg_SystemVM/despina,if=ide,index=0,boot=on -drive
file=/dev/MDvg_DataVM/despina30,if=ide,index=1 -net
nic,macaddr=00:16:3e:5f:64:10,vlan=0,model=e1000 -net
tap,fd=38,script=,vlan=0,ifname=vnet8 -serial pty -parallel none

Usind -no-acpi switch doesn't help.

On the same host I running several other guests systems including Win2003
Server sp2 32 and 64bit, WinXP sp2 32bit, Gentoo 64bit and Debian Lenny 32bit
without problem
like this.

Comment By: Technologov (technologov)
Date: 2008-12-02 15:46

Message:
>From my testing, Yes, 64-bit Solaris guest is problematic, and requires
patching for KVM to work, but Solaris 32-bit guest should work fine.

Can you tell us which Solaris you use ? (32 or 64-bit)

-Alexey