Hi,

I'm tracking kvm.git on a linux host, current as of today.  I've been
playing with FreeBSD as guest and I'm seeing very annoying problems
with console screen corruption which makes it almost impossible to use.

The corruption consists of patches of screen output where every other
character is blacked out, i.e. invisible.  Depending on what I'm
trying to do, sometimes the console output looks normal, sometimes
not.  FreeBSD uses an ncurses-based install program that's illegible
about half the time on kvm because of this problem.

This intermittent problem with every-other-character being invisible
makes me think of some UTF-8 kind of problem, maybe? Just a guess,
I really have no idea.

Changing from -vga cirrus to vmware to std make no difference. Setting
LC_ALL to en_US.UTF-8 also makes no difference.  Setting TERM=vt100
or vt220 does change the nature of the screen corruption, but it's
still not even remotely usable.

I don't see this problem when installing OpenBSD or gentoo linux (my
usual distribution).  I haven't tried NetBSD yet -- that's tomorrow.

Meanwhile, any ideas what's causing this FreeBSD screen problem?
Anyone else seen it?

Thanks!