Passera, Pablo R wrote:
Hi all,
        I am trying to communicate two VMs using a virtio driver. Once a data
is moved to the driver I want to notify the other Qemu process that there is
new data available in the buffer. I was thinking about using linux signals to
synchronize both processes but when I register my SIGUSR1 handler in Qemu I am
seeing an strange behavior. After starting the VM and Linux gets loaded, Qemu
is receiving SIGUSR2 at a regular time period. Looking a little bit at the code
I realize that signals are being used for other purposes in Qemu, however,
SIGUSR1 is not used. Is it possible to use signals to synchronize these
processes or should I think about using a different mechanism?

SIGUSR2 is used as aio completion signal. You can use SIGUSR1 but you need to know what you're doing (some threads block signals).
Better fit would be a pipe.

The vcpu
Thanks,

Pablo Pássera
Intel - Software Innovation Pathfinding Group
Cordoba - Argentina
Phone: +54 351 526 5611