Sheng Yang wrote:
+       mutex_lock(&kvm->gsi_msg_lock);
The lock is already taken here?

Um? For gsi_msg_lock?

Sorry, my mistake.  Will have to get used to all those locks.

Is there a way to avoid the lock?  We're starting to complicate things...

This looks very messy.  Would be better to have the in-kernel irq
structure contain a (*set_level)() callback that can take the
appropriate action.

You means this part which would merged with ioapic, or something else?

At the very least, separated into functions.

At best, kvm_set_irq() should become generic and just invoke callbacks supplied by the irqchip (pit, ioapic, msi).