Leendert van Doorn wrote:
With a switch, please.  Default behaviour should be to virtualize.

One way to implement it is to pass pci devfn -> BAR hints through the firmware interface. This way you can choose which BARs to place where, and where to allow the default placement.

I'm already providing the hints, but you are proposing that the default
behavior for the BIOS should be to allocate BARs and when given a flag it
should try to preserve the host BAR mappings. I can do that.

It's a general policy -- isolate the guest from the host wherever possible. In a few cases it isn't possible (time) and it really hurts.

Of course, my goal is to run unmodified BIOS/drivers. You could always
change the drivers.
Not Windows drivers.

Well, at least I have a fighting chance to change the ATI windows drivers
:-)

:-)

signature is too narrow to contain.