Bugs item #2490866, was opened at 2009-01-06 21:10
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=2490866&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: qemu
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Creating a qcow2 image, mkfs.ext3, sometimes mounting it would fail
immediately, but in all cases it would corrupt (overwritten with zeros) after
starting up backuppc on it.   This is KVM-79 on a Debian lenny host and guest.

This occured using virtio or not.  Swapping to a raw file or LV worked
flawlessly.  I've tested the box with memtest and I don't have issues elsewhere
but I've seen corruptions on other images.  host and guest are both
2.6.26-1-adm64 kernel (debian lenny) I'm running 32-bit userspace everywhere.
Dual core Intel Core2 E6300.

I see KVM-81 has "improve qcow2 data integrity with cache=writethrough" which
_might_ be what I'm hitting - but I can't find more details about this to check
(and backport patch to debian package or wait for newer debian package).

thanks.