On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 04:34:50PM -0600, Ryan Harper wrote:
> * John Morrissey <j...@horde.net> [2009-01-07 15:59]:
> > On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 04:00:28PM -0500, John Morrissey wrote:
> > > I'm encountering a kernel BUG() in guests using SCSI-interfaced disk
> > > images. I've tried with the Debian packaging of KVM 79 and 82; both
> > > exhibit the same behavior (disclaimer: Debian has about a dozen
> > > patches in their kvm packaging, but they all seem to be changes to the
> > > build/install process or security-related).
> >
> > Not to be pushy, but does anyone have any ideas on this, or can I
> > provide any additional information? I'm afraid I'm a bit over my head
> > when debugging kernel internals.
>
> Sorry, I meant to respond.  This is more than likely a SCSI emulation
> error rather than a kernel error.  I've seen the error a couple of
> times, but I don't have a fix for the issue yet as I don't have a
> reliable way to reproduce the error.  If you have an easy way to
> reproduce the bug, I'll see if I can figure out a fix.

I can reproduce this reliably when fscking a filesystem in a .vmdk I have.
I can't give you the vmdk or a dump of the filesystem, but I can devote some
time to troubleshoot this if you can guide me a little. If having the vmdk
is really important, I might be able to sanitize it enough to send it to you
(hopefully not making this bug unreproducible in the process).

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o