Anthony Liguori wrote:
Alexander Graf wrote:

Isn't one of the great things about virtualization the fact that you can do things you can on real hardware in the virtual machine? While I'm not exactly a fan of VirtualPC, I would still like it to work in KVM, as that's what real hardware is capable of.

Paravirtualization support is advertised in userspace, just add a flag to QEMU to disable KVM paravirt support.

That's helpful. But I would like (in addition) a fix that does not require administrative involvement.

The host admin should not need to know anything about what the guest runs. That's not achievable in practice, but where it is, we want it.