Il 07/05/2014 20:10, Gabriel L. Somlo ha scritto:
  1. I can't test svm.c (on AMD). As such, I'm not sure the
     skip_emulated_instruction() call in my own version of nop_interception()
     is necessary. If not, I could probably just call the already existing
     nop_on_interception() (line 1926 or thereabouts in svm.c), which
     just returns returns 1 without skipping anything.

Yes, it's necessary.

  2. I get "defined but not used" warnings on invalid_op_interception() (svm.c)
     and handle_invalid_op() (vmx.c). Apparently monitor/mwait are currently
     the only VM exit reasons which lead to an "invalid opcode" exception.
     Should my patch just nuke those functions (so that if anyone needs them
     in the future they'd have to re-add them), or comment them out, or
     call them after the "return 1;" statement in the monitor/mwait functions
     to shut up gcc, or ??? :)

Nuke it. :)

Thanks for working on OS X virtualization, weird guests are always the source of interesting quirks!

Paolo