On 11/28/2014 04:28 PM, Christian Borntraeger wrote:
Am 28.11.2014 um 11:08 schrieb Raghavendra KT:
Was able to test the patch, here is the result: I have not tested with
bigger VMs though. Results make it difficult to talk about any side
effect of
patch if any.

Thanks a log.

If our assumption is correct, then this patch should have no side effect on
x86. Do you have any confidence guess if the numbers below mean: no-change vs.
regression vs improvement?

I am seeing very small improvement in <= 1x commit cases
and for >1x overcommit, a very slight regression. But considering the
test environment noises, I do not see much effect from the
patch.

But I admit, I have not explored deeply about,
1. assumption of preempted approximately equals PF_VCPU case logic,
2. whether it helps for any future usages of yield_to against current
sole usage of virtualization.