2014-12-11 16:07+0800, zhanghailiang:
> User space (i.e. QEMU) should be able to check whether KVM
> supports apic-v. User space will use this to decide whether enable
> emulated MSR-based APIC (i.e. hyperv-vapic).

Userspace is able to look at enable_apicv module parameter.
(This decision probably belongs to controls above QEMU.)

Anyway, I haven't thought much about it, so to the patch itself:
- KVM_CAP_VMX_APICV isn't a good name for a capability that doesn't
  require VMX.
- The detection depends on irqchip_in_kernel(), which is awkward.