Hello!

> What I can simply do is preventing any non identity mapping for irqchip
> routing entries, ie. gsi != irqchip.pin. This fixes the problem of
> KVM_IRQ_LINE. This check can happen in arm kvm_set_routing_entry() and
> that's it.

 You cannot fix problem of KVM_IRQ_LINE because anyway with this ioctl on ARM
you should OR your
value with (1 << 24), so this is actually not plain GSI any more.
 KVM_IRQ_LINE is never used for triggering MSIs, so i think the easiest thing
to do is to just leave
it doing what it does.

 As to irqchip routing of irqfd's, why not? By default all GSIs would be SPIs,
then this can be
changed by userspace, or reverted back... Who cares? When using direct mapping
qemu never calls
routing functions, so it's OK.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia