Lukas Kolbe wrote:
Hi!

This is my first post here so please bear with me; we have a Debian
Lenny system with kernel 2.6.28 and kvm-84, and can't start a guest with
more than 3536 MB Ram. With kvm-72 (the version lenny released with) we
can use all 7GB that is intended for that guest.

Is this a known bug? Someone on freenode #kvm said he'd seen something
like this but couldn't remember where or when.

Can you describe the failure? I just booted a guest (FC6) with 6GB, without issue (admittedly the guest is only using 300MB or so).

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.