Hi,

I'm running Debian Jessie with KVM 2.1 on 6 nodes with an NFS3 back-end and sometimes when I migrate a VM it suddenly 'hangs'. The KVM process is running on the new node, eating up all it's CPU cycles but it does not respond to anything anymore. I don't see any errors logged and it seems like the migration went fine except for the VM hanging.

It doesn't matter if I do a live migrate or a save and restore, it happens with both ways.

Destroying and booting the VM fixes it of course and I can migrate it afterwards, but after a couple of days the same happens again when I try to migrate it.

The VM's range from Debian Squeeze (With a 3.2 kernel), Wheezy, and Jessie.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens and if I can fix this?

Regards,

Sander