Hi,

I would like to invoke QEMU and KVM so that the guest sees a virtio
NIC, and that NIC goes through a SR-IOV VF of a host NIC as directly
and efficiently as possible.  But I don't actually want to pass the VF
through to the guest.  I've found a bunch of discussion and confusing
examples on the web, but I'm not able to figure out what the right
thing to do with modern QEMU is.

I don't think I want to create a macvtap interface attached to the VF,
because I just want to use one MAC address for the VF itself (and
allow the NIC anti-spoofing hardware to work etc).  Am I supposed to
create a raw socket bound to the interface I want to use in a helper,
and then pass that to qemu?  How exactly do I pass that in — do I
still use "-net tap"?  Do I have to create my own vhostfd in my helper
too?

Thanks!
  Roland